DAY RETREAT AT YANLEY COURT WITH KATE FOX AND
Please note that the October retreat at Yanley Court has been cancelled. Details of a new date and venue for the October retreat coming soon.
A day of nourishing yoga, delicious local home-cooked seasonal food, meditation and deep rest, in the quiet, peaceful Yanley Court Complementary Therapy Centre, Yanley Lane, Long Ashton BS41 6LB. 10am to 5pm.
Your intention for yoga may be to move better, to feel better, or simply to enjoy some relaxing time out from your day-to-day routine. However you approach it, one of the many gifts of yoga is that it can change your perception of yourself and the world around you in a beneficial way. When we feel happier, more relaxed and peaceful in ourselves, we feel more capable and at ease moving through the ever-changing world around us.
Inspired by the teachings of Vanda Scaravelli, Kate and Jess' approach to yoga encourages you to be less fixed on the shape you're making. Instead you’re invited to feel and observe your body as it moves, noticing subtle connections in the body, areas of tension and patterns of holding, that limit your mobility. We will then explore the use of gravity and the breath to both strengthen and release, and discover a renewed vitality and freedom of movement in the body.
Kate and Jessica welcome everyone to these day retreats, from beginners to those with more experience of yoga. Our approach to practice complements other styles of yoga, and we aim to make it accessible to all.
A day retreat is an opportunity to descend deeper into your yoga practice. The programme for the day is:
10-10.30 Arrivals and Tea, Settling In
10.30-12.45 Yoga (Posture and Movement), Rest
12.45-2 Seasonal 2-Course Lunch
2-2.45 Yoga Nidra (guided relaxation)
3-4.30 Yoga (Posture and Movement)
Yanley Court is accessible by bike, bus and with onsite parking, making it the perfect opportunity for you to escape for a full day of yoga, without travelling far from home.
Booking details: Early bird offer costs £60 or full cost is £70 for the day
These retreats are for you if you'd like to:
• have the space to descend deeper into your yoga practice
• slow down, unwind and enjoy yoga at an unhurried pace
• relax while building strength, flexibility and better movement habits
• address postural imbalances created by tension, stress and daily living
• feel more at ease in your body and with your breath
• know how to approach and move into yoga postures, with a clearer understanding of how the body connects and moves in a balanced way and as a whole
• benefit from the instruction and guidance of two experienced teachers that have been practicing and teaching together since 2011.